On Friday, May 25 I made toothpaste as part of a Toothpaste & Code event that Oliver and I had organised at Kuusi Palaa.To do this I scoured the internet for recipes, and the reasons behind the ingredients, and then combined some of what I found into a simple easy-to-make but allegedly effective toothpaste. I promised to post the recipe online.
Here, two weeks later than intended, is a corrected version of what I did.
Optional: blue food colouring
A mixing bowl
A whisk or fork
A glass or ceramic jar or bottle to store the finished toothpaste
1. Measure out a suitable amount of coconut oil and then measure out half the amount of baking soda. The more baking soda you add the thicker the paste.
2. Warm the coconut oil until it has just melted
3. Pour it into a basin and add the baking soda
4. Whisk or stir until it has formed a smooth paste
5. Add the other ingredients to taste and continue stirring
6. Spoon it into a jar or bottle.