Switching to Scrivener 3
This morning, after reading a long thread on the Scrivener user forums I decided to bite the bullet and switch to using the beta version of Scrivener 3, currently on version 2.9.6. I expected a little trouble and I got some; but only a little.
I caused almost all the kerfuffle I experienced myself by leaping in without reading. I found myself unable to change the title of a document until I discovered that you now change them from the synopsis, for example.
The new Composition Mode seems fantastic. It reminds me of Focuswriter, which I used for awhile when I first became enthusiastic about distraction-free writing. I missed it when I switched to Scrivener, and now I have it again.
The main interface has suffered major improvement. It now looks cleaner and easier to understand.
So far, so good.